[squeak-dev] Simple Canvas(-like) interface for OpenGL?

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Mon May 28 02:11:10 UTC 2012

  Hello,

I'm looking for a very simple canvas like abstraction to rotate, scale
and translate several dozens of textured rectangles in Squeak on Mac.
It seems that I'd require some hardware support to get a reasonable
framerate so, I'm looking for an OpenGL-backed implementation.

CroquetGL (http://www.squeaksource.com/CroquetGL/) seems almost cover
the space but to support textures it seems that the textures depends
on the better set of Croquet objects.  GLMorphic
(http://www.squeaksource.com/GLMorphic) is Windows only.

What would be recommended here?  Maybe if there is a simple way to
just add texture support to the CroquetGL's core?

Thank you!

-- Yoshiki