[squeak-dev] The Trunk: NetworkTests-dtl.33.mcz

karl ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 22:38:41 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 10:11 PM, Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This should get us to either 4 or 5 remaining test failures on the
> squeakci.org tests, depending on VM. I'll note for the record that
> SocketTest>>testSocketReuse fails on my computer at home (SuSE Linux), but
> passes on squeakci.org. I presume this is due to another platform
> difference, but it's not showing up on the radar for our Squeak 4.4 release
> preparation so I'm not going to worry about it right now.
>
> as I managed to bring my Windows 7 Laptop but not the power supply I ran the
> tests under XP, current update.
> I updated to Trunk #12269, disabled the IPV6 preference and got:
>
> 3264 run, 3239 passes, 18 expected failures, 6 failures, 1 errors, 0
> unexpected passes,
> http://i.minus.com/iMxj47re2dyfN.PNG
> The error console roughly translates to: getnameinfo: the requested name is
> valid and was found in the database. It does not have the correct associated
> data ehich should be evaluated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Herbert

This is a possible fix for the error:

DosFileDirectory>>relativeNameIfAbsoluteFor: aFileName
	"Answer either the relative name for aFileName, if aFileName names a
file in me or
	 subdirectories, or aFileName's absolute path if it isn't in me or
subdirectories.
	 P.S. Ths is what I'd expect relativeNameFor: to do, but it is taken and means
	 exactly the opposite, i.e. the absolute path for a relative name."
	| fullNameSize fullName fileNameSize |
	(aFileName isEmpty or: [aFileName first ~= self driveName first]) ifTrue:
		[self error: 'this method expects an absolute filename'].
	fullNameSize := (fullName := self fullName) size.
	fileNameSize := aFileName size.
	^(aFileName beginsWith: fullName)
		ifTrue: [(fileNameSize = fullNameSize
				or: [fileNameSize - 1 = fullNameSize
					and: [(aFileName at: fileNameSize) = self pathNameDelimiter]])
					ifTrue: [self class currentDirectoryNickname]
					ifFalse: [aFileName copyFrom: fullNameSize + 2 to: fileNameSize]]
		ifFalse: [aFileName]

	"SourceFiles asArray collect: [:sf| FileDirectory default
relativeNameIfAbsoluteFor: sf fullName]"
	"FileDirectory default relativeNameIfAbsoluteFor: FileDirectory
default fullName" "should be dot"
	"FileDirectory default relativeNameIfAbsoluteFor: FileDirectory
default fullName, FileDirectory default slash" "should also be dot"

Karl