[squeak-dev] How to force selection update in the debugger?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:26:22 UTC 2012

Hi All,

    I submitted a run until feature for the debugger to the Squeak inbox
recently and would commit it to trunk except that I'd like the option of
having the selection update on each step.  But I can't see how to do that.
 I *think* selection update is done with a callback here in
Debugger>>contents:selection:

Smalltalk isMorphic ifTrue:
[World
addAlarm: #changed:
withArguments: #(contentsSelection)
for: self
at: (Time millisecondClockValue + 200)].

And I'm not sure how this causes the selection to update.  Is it part of
text morph draw or a separate thing?  This is too convoluted to look
through.  So perhaps someone can help e.  If I want the selection to redraw
what's the minimum action necessary.  This is as part of a loop that looks
like

[self selectedContext == context
 and: [(value := receiver with: context executeMethod: method) == false]]
whileTrue:
[self doStep].

i.e. after the doStep I'd like to force the code pane to update its
selection.

AdvThanksance
--
best,