[squeak-dev] statistics: standard deviation

Douglas McPherson djm1329 at san.rr.com
Sat Nov 17 07:51:55 UTC 2012

You could try the following, assuming your data is in a collection called "data".

standardDeviation
	| accumulator |
	accumulator := DhbStatisticalMoments new.
	data do: [:each | accumulator accumulate: each]].
	^accumulator standardDeviation

Also, see the tests in DhbNumericalMethodsTestCase.

DhbNumericalMethodsTestCase>>testStatisticalMoments
DhbNumericalMethodsTestCase>>testStatisticalMomentsFast

HTH