[squeak-dev] About the new FileSystem

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Wed Nov 21 18:22:15 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 9:44 AM, H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Chris and Colin,
>
> Is it possible to give more details on this review process?

Sure.

> What are the issues?  How does it relate to the Pharo version which is
> a fork of this work?

There are a few bugs that I've been meaning to sort out before making
a release. The main one is that (I think) there are circumstances
where paths could be passed to the OS with the wrong encoding.

This is pretty close to the Pharo version, I think. I did a sync with
the Pharo team as they were getting ready to introduce FS to Pharo; I
merged in their work and sent them my latest work. They may have made
further changes since then, but nothing major, I don't think.

Colin