[squeak-dev] Re: Newbie Question: How does this work?

Joseph J Alotta joseph.alotta at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 15:08:06 UTC 2012

Thanks for you help.

I see that String has a #printf and the protocol is *printf,  and when the printf: method executes it looks everywhere for the FormatString class which is added to the end by the Printf package.

So the question is how did the *printf protocols get added to String?   It is not some magic by Monticello, because I did not use
Monticello, I just filein-ed the code.

So where in the code does it install the *printf methods to String?

Sincerely,

Joe.