[squeak-dev] how to halt through xpra?

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Tue Oct 9 20:46:47 UTC 2012

Hi all--

     Recently I've been running Squeak on remote machines, using xpra
for a virtual display. I connect to the virtual display from an X server
running on an Ubuntu virtual machine running in Parallels on my Mac laptop.

     It all works great, except for... I can't halt. The halt keybinding
for my host platform (command-period) doesn't make it to Squeak through
all the layers of keyboard event handling. I'm sure I'll figure
something out, but I thought I'd first ask if anyone else has already
taken some countermeasure they like.

     thanks!

-C

--