[squeak-dev] design issue of someone trying to think like a smalltaker

Joseph J Alotta joseph.alotta at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 17:53:09 UTC 2012

Greetings,

I have several Accounts and the accounts have Transactions.

My plan was to instantiate a Transaction and to populate it from a file, and then have each of the Transactions
attach themselves to an Account.

This is a sort of bottom up design.

The problem is that I have a bunch of Accounts and Transactions running around the system and no tools for working with them.

I can do Accounts allInstances do: [].   But then I also get old instances (from debugging).

Is this a good way of doing things?  Do I need to have some Collection somewhere, so I can go and find each item
when I need it?  Like a common control mechanism?  And if so, what would it look like?

Do you think I should create a list of accounts and then each Account will have a list of Transactions?  The old top down approach?

Sincerely,

Joe.