[squeak-dev] Squeak Board minutes - 10/15/2012
smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 19:53:38 UTC 2012
Present: Craig Latta, Chris Muller, Colin Putney, Levente Uzonyi
- There are plans to replace squeak.org with a new site based on Colin's
Altitude web-framework. The SFC has suggested including a Flattr 
contribution on member-project web-sites, which will be considered for
the new site.
- A continuation of last Saturday's Squeak hangout discussion occurred
where Tim Rowledge presented a discussion about transparent access to
native OS processes from within the image.
- Meanwhile, Craig is planning his next release of Spoon, which is
becoming ready for mainstream consumption. This project will be very
exciting for Squeak as it promises to help address many long-time
concerns of the community such as modularity, distribution and scale.
- 4.4 is planned for release this month while energy is building
for 4.5. Colin wants full Environments in 4.5, as well as adoption of
his FileSystem framework. Chris Muller wants Themes so the look of the
system can be more easily customized and also inclusion (or easy
loadability) of the latest Refactoring Engine. We also want to finally
begin purging long-deprecated code.
- While there is a lot of work to be done, a general feeling of
satisfaction with Squeak's status, capability and future potential was
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Squeak-dev