[squeak-dev] Re: 6 tests to go...

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 17:35:13 UTC 2012

On 22 October 2012 20:21, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
> We're down to 6 failing unit tests on the Linux platform, one of which
> is an expected failure and another of which is a known network issue
> for the Linux platform.
>
> Would my kind Windows and OSX build volunteers please run builds
> against the latest trunk image?
> (http://173.246.101.237:8080/job/SqueakTrunk/lastCompletedBuild/artifact/)
>
> Note the new URL: that's thanks to Chris Cunnington, who has kindly
> moved Jenkins to its new home. That will no doubt shortly become the
> new squeakci.org.
>
> Windows users note please that you'll need to grant permission for the
> build executables etc to act as servers and to make connections: you
> can do this through the Windows Firewall configuration screens. (I'd
> give more detailed instructions, but my Windows machines are far away
> right now.)
>
> (Dale, this shouldn't affect you much, in the sense that you won't
> need any changes to builderCI or whatever once the DNS changes have
> been made. So if they _do_ affect you, they shouldn't affect you for
> very long.)
>
> It's about time I started with the more admin-y side of the release,
> making a Changelog and such. I'll make a start on this soon,
> docs/progress to be on http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6188
>
> frank

The latest builds have a few new failures:

* Tests.Compiler.DecompilerTests.testDecompilerInClassesLAtoLM [1]
* TraitsTests.Kernel.ClassTraitTest.testConflictsAliasesAndExclusions [2]

which is kind've surprising.

frank

[1] Error Message

subscript is out of bounds: 1
Stacktrace

Array(Object)>>error:
Array(Object)>>errorSubscriptBounds:
Array(Object)>>at:
Decompiler>>pushTemporaryVariable:
Decompiler(InstructionStream)>>interpretNextInstructionFor:
Decompiler>>interpretNextInstructionFor:
Decompiler>>statementsTo:
Decompiler>>blockTo:
Decompiler>>doClosureCopyCopiedValues:numArgs:blockSize:
Decompiler>>pushClosureCopyNumCopiedValues:numArgs:blockSize:
Decompiler(InstructionStream)>>interpretExtension:in:for:
Decompiler(InstructionStream)>>interpretNextInstructionFor:
Decompiler>>interpretNextInstructionFor:
Decompiler>>statementsTo:
Decompiler>>blockTo:
Decompiler>>decompile:in:method:using:
Decompiler>>decompile:in:method:
DecompilerTests>>checkDecompileMethod:
[] in [] in [] in DecompilerTests>>decompileClassesSelect:
MethodDictionary>>keysAndValuesDo:
LargeNegativeIntegerTest class(Behavior)>>selectorsAndMethodsDo:
[] in [] in DecompilerTests>>decompileClassesSelect:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
[] in DecompilerTests>>decompileClassesSelect:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
CurrentReadOnlySourceFiles class>>cacheDuring:
DecompilerTests>>decompileClassesSelect:
DecompilerTests>>testDecompilerInClassesLAtoLM
DecompilerTests(TestCase)>>performTest

[2] Stacktrace

Parser>>notify:at:
Parser>>expected:
Parser>>pattern:inContext:
Parser>>method:context:
[] in Parser>>parse:class:category:noPattern:context:notifying:ifFail:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
Parser>>parse:class:category:noPattern:context:notifying:ifFail:
Compiler>>translate:noPattern:ifFail:
Compiler>>compile:in:classified:notifying:ifFail:
Metaclass(ClassDescription)>>traitAddSelector:withMethod:
[] in Metaclass(ClassDescription)>>installTraitMethodDict:
[] in Dictionary>>keysAndValuesDo:
Dictionary>>associationsDo:
Dictionary>>keysAndValuesDo:
Metaclass(ClassDescription)>>installTraitMethodDict:
Metaclass(ClassDescription)>>installTraitsFrom:
Metaclass(ClassDescription)>>updateTraits
Metaclass(ClassDescription)>>classify:under:from:trait:
[] in ClassTrait(TraitDescription)>>notifyOfRecategorizedSelector:from:to:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
ClassTrait(TraitDescription)>>notifyOfRecategorizedSelector:from:to:
TraitOrganizer(ClassOrganizer)>>notifyOfChangedSelector:from:to:
TraitOrganizer(ClassOrganizer)>>classify:under:suppressIfDefault:logged:
TraitOrganizer(ClassOrganizer)>>classify:under:suppressIfDefault:
TraitOrganizer(Categorizer)>>classify:under:
[] in ClassTrait(ClassDescription)>>installTraitMethodDict:
[] in Dictionary>>keysAndValuesDo:
Dictionary>>associationsDo:
Dictionary>>keysAndValuesDo:
ClassTrait(ClassDescription)>>installTraitMethodDict:
ClassTrait(ClassDescription)>>installTraitsFrom:
ClassTrait(TraitDescription)>>installTraitsFrom:
ClassTrait(ClassDescription)>>updateTraits
[] in ClassTrait(TraitDescription)>>addSelectorSilently:withMethod:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
ClassTrait(TraitDescription)>>addSelectorSilently:withMethod:
ClassTrait(ClassDescription)>>addAndClassifySelector:withMethod:inProtocol:notifying:
ClassTrait(ClassDescription)>>compile:classified:withStamp:notifying:logSource:
ClassTrait(ClassDescription)>>compile:classified:withStamp:notifying:
ClassTrait(ClassDescription)>>compile:classified:notifying:
ClassTrait(ClassDescription)>>compile:classified:
ClassTraitTest>>testConflictsAliasesAndExclusions
ClassTraitTest(TestCase)>>performTest