[squeak-dev] How to remove doIts from cganges

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Fri Oct 26 12:07:15 UTC 2012

> So I will have to write a method which changes a password by using
> fillInTheBlank to change some objects password.
> And ditch that image and changes and rebuild it.
>
> I hoped there was a cheaper way.
>
> Thanks for pointing this out!
>
> Herbert

Of course there are cheaper ways. If you ask the right questions you
might get the right answers :-)
For one, you can condense the changes file (Smalltalk condenseChanges).
That's quick and will remove all doIts from the changes file (remember
to remove the renamed original changes file, otherwise your passwords
will stay in that file).
You could also replace all occurrences of that password in the changes
file by a string of equal size which contains just asterisks. That's a
bit more work, but if you want to be able to look at method histories
it's preferable to condenseChanges.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin