[squeak-dev] Crypto package loading?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 22:28:09 UTC 2012

On 26 October 2012 19:48, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ok. who could put this into the Extending the system workspace?
>
> Guys, do we agree that, until we have a replacement, SqueakMap should
> be the "App Store" for Squeak?
>
> Extending the System workspace is going away.  No one should be doing
> any work there other than removing it.

It's a chunk of text telling people how to load things. While I agree
that SqueakMap ought to be the place to go, it isn't right at the
moment. However, I'd be happy to regard that (pushing SM, getting it
properly on track etc) as being a core part of 4.5.

> Since so many types of apps do not need any cryptography, I think it
> should remain a separately loadable package.

Agreed. Strip more stuff out the image, and make it much easier to
load packages.

frank