[squeak-dev] The Inbox: KernelTests-fbs.235.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 10:29:39 UTC 2012

On 28 October 2012 16:42, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 October 2012 13:04, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, that's right. It will fail with older interpreter VMs also.
>>>

>> Frank,
>>
>> If you want to try running the test suite with an interpreter VM, I
>> installed a locally built VM on box3.squeak.org that can be used to
>> drive the tests. This is installed as /usr/local/bin/squeak, and can
>> be used for running both 32-bit and 64-bit Squeak images.
>>
>> This VM is built from latest VMMaker and squeakvm.org sources using
>> the ~lewis/VMUnixBuild/VMUnixBuild.st script (attached), which now seems
>> to work fairly reliably. It is *not* suitable for general distribution,
>> so I would appreciate if we can all be careful to refer to it as a local
>> build, and not as "the standard VM" or any words to that effect.
>
> Thanks Dave, I'll be able to pick this up in a few hours, once my boys
> have gone to bed. I'll add a new script to the squeak-ci repo that
> refers to the local build. (It's nearly time to refactor the build
> scripts, too.)

OK, I have a SqueakTrunkOnInterpreter job:
http://squeakci.org/job/SqueakTrunkOnInterpreter/3/

5 failures, all rather familiar by now:

KernelTests.Chronology.TimeStampTest.testFromSeconds
KernelTests.Chronology.TimeStampTest.testReadFromA1
NetworkTests.Kernel.SocketTest.testSendTimeout
Tests.Localization.LocaleTest.testLocaleChanged
Tests.Release.ReleaseTest.testNoObsoleteClasses

frank