[squeak-dev] Failing tests in trunk, gearing up for 4.4 release

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 10:41:50 UTC 2012

Hi,

I meant to nag a lot more about the failing tests, and I haven't.
Sorry for not being sufficiently annoying!

We still have a bunch of failing tests -

KernelTests.Chronology.TimeStampTest.testFromSeconds
CollectionsTests.Streams.RWBinaryOrTextStreamTest.testExisiting
KernelTests.Chronology.TimeStampTest.testReadFromA1
NetworkTests.Kernel.SocketTest.testSendTimeout
Tests.Localization.LocaleTest.testLocaleChanged
Tests.Monticello.MCFileInTest.testStWriter
Tests.Monticello.MCMczInstallerTest.testInstallFromFile
Tests.Monticello.MCMczInstallerTest.testInstallFromStream
Tests.Release.ReleaseTest.testNoObsoleteClasses
Tests.Release.ReleaseTest.testUndeclared

- and I'd really like them to be green for a release. The Monticello
tests cause noise, and so the ReleaseTests should pass if we don't run
the MC tests. The SocketTest is, as I understand it, an issue specific
to Linux, and doesn't occur on Window.

If I _have_ to, I'll move the tests into "expected failures", and
re-enable them when we start work on 4.5.

One big gap in our testing infrastructure is testing on non-Linux
platforms. I would like a kind soul to take up CI-like duties and
commit to run the entire suite on OS X and Windows reasonably often.
Any takers? (Ideally we'd have build slaves for this, but...)

frank