[squeak-dev] getting an image file to work

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 15:51:49 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 4:57 AM, John Guenther <john.guenther at comcast.net> wrote:
> I thought that I just had to drag and drop this image file to the squeak.exe
> file and it would open and run the mediatools program, however when I do
> this I get the same window with all the other windows mentioned above inside
> it and I get an error message saying there is no content to install. In this
> dialog box there are lots of other commands (at least that’s what they look
> like). I guess a sort of log of what squeak was doing.
>

> Can anyone help me out? I’m totally new to squeak. I was just trying to use
> the mediatools thing that was mentioned in a book.

If you could check in the folder where the .exe is, there should be a
file names Croquet.ini or Squeak.ini (similar to the .exe file name).
Open that file up with a text editor, and look for a line like:
ImageFile=AnotherImage.image
If that line is in the .ini file, the the VM will only open that image
(no matter what other file you drop on it, or how  you start that vm).
 If you want to just be able to drop an image on the executable, then
make sure this line isn't in the .ini file (it is not required).

-Chris