[squeak-dev] Failing tests in trunk, gearing up for 4.4 release

Jeff Gonis jeff.gonis at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 05:02:55 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

I had originally emailed Frank saying that I could help out with running
the tests on my Mac laptop as well as the Windows desktop I have access
to.  Seeing as how people were already making a great start on testing for
windows I decided to focus on Mac.

My initial plan of attack was to do what Herbert suggested above, and
simply grab the image, manually update it and run the tests.  Then I
realized that I might be able to adapt the squeak-ci infrastructure to run
on Mac, what with it's Unix userland.  So I quickly hacked up something and
sent a pull request to Frank.  In the meantime I have a directory full of
XML results from the tests running and a SqueakDebug.log resulting from a
socket exception in the r2585 Cog vm, from Eliot's site.

So I guess my question is:  What would be most helpful?  Should I just run
the tests manually and send the results to the squeak-dev mailing list?
Does someone want or know where I should upload the directory of result
files I get from running the CI process?  Can someone point out where I
have gone horribly wrong in the CI process by taking a look at my pull
request on github?

Anyway, I am eager to help and get builds going on both Windows and Mac,
but I am unsure of how best to forward my results to the list.  Any
preferences or guidance would be greatly accepted.

Thanks for your time,
Jeff G.