[squeak-dev] Failing tests in trunk, gearing up for 4.4 release

Gary Dunn garydunnhi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 23:58:28 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 12:38 AM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 September 2012 05:29, Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:
>> Hi Gary,
>>
>> Am 04.09.2012 23:59, schrieb Gary Dunn:
>>
>>> Happy to test on FreeBSD. Just set up a box with 9.1 RC1 and Enlightenment
>>> WM without Gnome. Just got Squeak working a few minutes ago, in fact. Where
>>> do I get a test image? And how do I execute the test suit? I know I did this
>>> a few years back ... old age, you know, can't recall any details.
>>

>> First step:
>> download the Squeak all in one from Squeak site. From the top menu bar
>> choose "Apps" "Preference browser". In the search field write "update" and
>> change the last part of the "Update Url" from "Squeak..." to trunk.
>>
>> World Menu, "Help", "Update code from Server", have a cup of tea. Remember
>> to punch the necessary holes into the firewall so squeak can act as a
>> server, can't help with this.
>
> Please rather test the image that the CI builds:
> http://squeakci.org/job/UpdateFromLastRelease/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/*zip*/archive.zip
> This is a clean, no-tests-yet-run, fully up-to-date image, so you (-)
> don't have time for a cup of tea but (+) also test the precise image
> that the build server tests.
>
> frank

Downloaded the zip, unpacked with file-roller, moved image and changes
to my images folder, ran the image, ran the tests. Took a really long
time for anything to start, I thought it hung. Results:

3221 run, 3162 passes, 19 expected failures, 12 failures, 26 errors, 2
unexpected passes

Tried the "Run failures" button, that really did hand the process, had
to kill the window.

How do I report in more detail what the errors were?

For the record: FreeBSD 9.1 RC1 on a Dell Optiplex 745

xorg-7.5.2
enlightenment-0.16.999.65643,2

$ squeak -version
4.4.7-2375 #1 XShm Wed Mar 30 16:50:13 PDT 2011 gcc 4.2.1
FreeBSD freebsd.piumarta.com 8.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE #0: Fri
Feb 18 02:24:46 UTC 2011
root at almeida.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
plugin path: /usr/local/lib/squeak/4.4.7-2375 [default:
/usr/local/lib/squeak/4.4.7-2375/]

--
Gary Dunn
Honolulu