[squeak-dev] Failing tests in trunk, gearing up for 4.4 release

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 08:53:12 UTC 2012

On 7 September 2012 21:11, Gary Dunn <garydunnhi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 7 September 2012 19:28, Gary Dunn <garydunnhi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>>> Still waiting for an answer, how do I report test results?
>>
>> I was hoping someone else would have a suggestion. If you run the
>> tests via the scripts they'll spit out Jenkins/Hudson XML files.
>> They're annoying to read in that form, but it's better than nothing at
>> all.
>>
>>> And a new question: Does the image Frank asked us to use change daily?
>>> How often should I test it?
>>
>> At present I have to trigger the build manually. I usually run them as
>> soon as I see trunk commits. Maybe I should start replying to those as
>> soon as I've run the build, and then you and the other volunteers know
>> when to grab a new image?
>>
>> frank
>>
>>> --
>>> Gary Dunn
>>> Honolulu
>
> Sorry to sound like a newbie but what scripts and where do I send the
> whatchmacallit files?

Sorry Gary, I think I confused your setup with someone else's. The
scripts I referred to are from
https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/ (which also includes
several VMs, but NOT a FreeBSD one); they take a base image, update
it, run some tests, and spit out some XML describing the test
failures. I don't really mind how I get the test failures. If you
don't mind extracting the juice out of the XML, dropping the list a
mail would be worthwhile. Otherwise, you could always mail them
directly to me, if you'd like to avoid spamming everyone on the list
with numerous attachments.

frank