[squeak-dev] Re: Spoon 3 beta 1 released

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Wed Sep 12 20:49:23 UTC 2012

Hi Frank--

> Nice!

     Thanks!

> I had to edit the script to
>
> do shell script "open -a spoon3b1"
> delay 2
> open location "http://localhost:8090/welcome"
>
> (note the lack of a '.app' in the first line)

     Interesting. That's what I tried first, but it complained that it
couldn't find spoon3b1 in my Applications folder (on Mountain Lion).
Only when I add the ".app" does it look within its own folder.

> After that I get the welcome page just fine. Trying to resume the
> master memory results in something doing something, but doing it so
> much that nothing's sent back to the browser. Subsequent attempts to
> get to /README.txt or to resume the seed memory (read: random flailing
> on my part) resulted in nothing: no data being sent to the browser.

     That's all expected, thanks. The master memory isn't there, the
seed memory is headless, and there's no README yet. I'll include
something like the GUI memory from 3a3 in the next release, and get
something happening with the WebDAV interface.

     thanks again,

-C

--
Craig Latta