[squeak-dev] Altitude form example

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 23:02:17 UTC 2012

On 12-09-13 5:09 PM, Colin Putney wrote:
> Chris and Hannes,
>
> I've added a form example to the examples application. Besides only
> working with text inputs, I also noticed that it only works with POST
> form submissions, because I haven't implemented parsing of query
> parameters yet. Also, the example exposed a couple of bugs, so you'll
> have to update several other packages as well. The perils of living on
> the bleeding edge! ;-)
>
> Colin

Excellent. The timing is great. I'm looking at something and this is
just what it needs.

I kept getting AnObsoleteALFormResource errors, which were odd. I take
it they are addressed by that terminal #with:[]. Closing over stuff can
be a pain.

I've been hacking on ReflectCore. I've been converting it to an Ajax
app, which I think it needs to be. The problem is its input and its
output. The input is a URL the output is pure JSON. The input needs to
be a form asking for a selector and the output needs to be formatted
HTML. I've got the second part. I'll add the form tomorrow.

Wordpress has ways of offering JSON based RSS instead of XML, so The
Weekly Squeak box on a future squeak.org homepage could be switched over
easily. Strange to say, but Altitude has opened my eyes to JSON APIs and
mashups. Serving your own data exclusively has become passé. That's not
exactly news, I guess,  but it does snap a few things together.

Thanks,
Chris