[squeak-dev] Blogs, RSS, and JSON

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sat Sep 22 00:06:59 UTC 2012

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012, Chris Cunnington wrote:

> Seems I spoke a little too soon recently about the ease with which the
> current The Weekly Squeak blog ( http://news.squeak.org ) RSS could be
> switched to JSON from XML. Yes, there is a plugin that aims that way. But it
> appears that is more for people who deploy Wordpress themselves. Not so much
> for people who just use it for free with Wordpress doing the deploying.
>
> Unless I misread these:
>
> https://developers.google.com/blogger/docs/2.0/json/getting_started#background
> http://code.blogger.com/2011/09/blogger-json-api-now-available.html
> http://beautifulbeta.wikidot.com/json-feeds
>
> it looks like Blogger has a JSON API what with it being Google and all.
>
> So, the way to switch from a squeak.org that receives The Weekly Squeak as
> XML to JSON looks easiest by switching from Wordpress to Blogger. It's a
> thought. If somebody has a better grip on this, I'd love to hear it.

If I understand correctly, the goal is to fetch the feed as JSON from
news.squeak.org. That's already there, just try this link:
http://public-api.wordpress.com/rest/v1/sites/weeklysqueak.wordpress.com/posts/?number=3&pretty=1
API details here:
http://developer.wordpress.com/docs/api/1/get/sites/%24site/posts/
http://developer.wordpress.com/docs/api/