[squeak-dev] Windows 7 Tests

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sun Sep 23 10:40:07 UTC 2012

n Sun, 23 Sep 2012, Herbert König wrote:

> Hi,
> got usable internet connection again. Downloaded the latest zip with image
> #12176 and with the VM inside the zip got:
> 3204 run, 3157 passes, 17 expected failures, 10 failures, 20 errors, 0
> unexpected passes.
> The waiting is back again.
> Took a fresh #12176, updated to #12235, same VM.
> The wait was gone (thanks to whoever is responsible :-))

The cause of the waiting was probably CompiledMethodComparisonTest >>
#testHash. I made it a lot faster with a little cheating here and there.
I also changed the progress bar, so it shows which test is running at the
momment.

The result of the speedups are visible here too:
http://www.squeakci.org/job/SqueakTrunk/buildTimeTrend

> 3222 run, 3176 passes, 18 expected failures, 7 failures, 21 errors, 0
> unexpected passes.
> http://minus.com/lbreNONLAvA3fj

Can you please try running the tests again, but this time evaluating

NetNameResolver useOldNetwork: true.

before you run them?

Levente