[squeak-dev] Transform sends to ANSI standard?

Hernán Morales Durand hernan.morales at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 18:31:14 UTC 2012

Hi folks,
I am rewriting packages to be compatible or more portable between
Smalltalks. Code Critics gives the following information on my packages:

- #cr, #crlf, #lf, #space, #tab, #findTokens:, ... are not part of the
ANSI string protocol.

- #cr and #lf are not part of the ANSI stream protocol.

- The ANSI standard does not support #asInteger and #asString on Object.

- Some collection methods are not ANSI compatible: #pairsDo:,
#collect:thenDo:, #reject:thenDo:, #detectSum:, #valuesDo:,
#keysSortedSafely, #new:withAll:, etc.

Does anyone have an idea on how to transform those sends to be ANSI
compatible?

Best regards,

Hernán