[squeak-dev] Re: Unloading packages with Environments (was Re: Re: Towards SqueakCore)

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Mon Apr 1 21:46:25 UTC 2013

On 01/04/13 5:07 PM, Frank Shearar wrote:

> Right. That tells me there's an Alias still pointing to the XMLWriter
> class.

It could be as simple as (made up code below):

PerfMeasure>>xmlWriterClass
     ^ XMLWriter

Just re-compiling would fix the obsolete reference, or code like:
     ^ Smalltalk at: #XMLWriter
would fix it.

 > So my half-baked theory is that something's missing in the
> Environment work and how it integrates with Monticello?

I doubt it's the direct responsibility of either (Environment or
Monticello), but maybe a nice solution could be facilitated by
Environment and used by Monticello. It could be a lot of work since
Monticello is cross-platform (however only the format has to be
compatible, while platform implementations could differ).