[squeak-dev] [Vm-dev] Accelerating LargeIntegersPlugin phase 2

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 23:03:07 UTC 2013

Lou,
Sure, historical reasons count, but why stopping at micro-processor era and
not a few centuries back?
If only european would have understood and adopted the true arabic number
notation, our world would be dominated by little endian anyway ;)

Speaking of communications, I note that the least significant bit in a byte
is still sent first on a serial line, ethernet included, while we prefer
sending most significant byte first in a 32-bit word, what a mess!

Anyway, big or little, we shall better admit our inferiority: a middle
endian formatted germane brain will swim in those swamps better than we
will ever do (huntert drei und swanzig).

;)

Nicolas