[squeak-dev] Everyone's talking about debuggers these days

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Apr 6 22:48:18 UTC 2013

On 06-04-2013, at 3:13 PM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

> What I find interesting in Phexample, and Gilad Bracha's "debug mode
> is the only mode", and Lightable, and Bret Victor's demo, is... it's
> all old news!

Some of us dinosaurs have been using the term 'debugging into existence' for thirty years and I'm not at all sure it was original then. I'm more the obsessive-compulsive sort that likes to stare into the depths of the Matmos until we have the basics - or even full scope - of the answer in our heads before rising from our meditation mats, ritually washing ourselves in the blood of java-weenies, and sinking a few lattés on the way to the keyboard-shrine.

tim
Fractured Idiom:- PORTE-KOCHERE - Sacramental wine