[squeak-dev] Ooh, it would be awesome to run Squeak on this

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Tue Apr 16 21:51:48 UTC 2013

Stefan Marr wrote:
> As a short-cut, the posix variants of those platform files "should just work".
> And, yes, I am talking about the 16 or 64 cores and not about the ARM part.

That's great! I had thought that the 32KB per node local memory was too
small, but doing the math I see it is a total of 512KB for the 16 core
version which is not that much less than what the Tilera chips have.

By the way, I was just notified that the 64 core version was done after
all:

> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/adapteva/parallella-a-supercomputer-for-everyone/posts

This has confused a lot of the Kickstarter backers.

Anyway, I did look at the documentation you mentioned as well as more
detailed information on the hardware that I hadn't seen yet. It still
isn't clear to me that it would just work, but I'll trust your judgement
on this over mine.

-- Jecel