[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Graphics-fbs.209.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 09:19:12 UTC 2013

On 23 April 2013 09:50,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:
> Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of Graphics to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Graphics-fbs.209.mcz

> Name: Graphics-fbs.209
> Author: fbs
> Time: 23 April 2013, 9:50:00.413 am
> UUID: 4dd577f2-2a70-4e21-8efa-5847b3ad804c
> Ancestors: Graphics-tpr.208
>
> #asGrafPort belongs in the Morphic package.
>
> =============== Diff against Graphics-tpr.208 ===============
>
> Item was removed:
> - ----- Method: BitBlt class>>asGrafPort (in category 'instance creation') -----
> - asGrafPort
> -       "Return the GrafPort associated with the receiver"
> -       ^GrafPort!

I don't see why, but this and its pair Morphic-fbs-648 seem to have
triggered a nasty bug in Cog r.2714.

To trigger it,
* clone https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/
* open the Squeak4.5.image therein, with a (Linux) Cog r.2714
* update it.

Everything proceeds fine until installing this update. On my weak
little laptop things pause, and then I see the dreaded "(last object
overwritten)" message. On my much more powerful work machine it just
pauses. Squeak's burning a hole in the CPU, and updating is
uninterruptable.

frank