[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Installer-Core-fbs.367.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 20:50:22 UTC 2013

On 29 April 2013 19:49, Bob Arning <arning315 at comcast.net> wrote:
> My original question stands - what does this accomplish?
>
> On 4/29/13 6:32 PM, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
>
> + versionNames sorted: self mcSortFileBlock.

Clearly I'm missing something fundamental in your question. It sorts a
Collection. That forces loading to be deterministic.

If you mean "but why you throw away the sorted Collection?", that
would be a much more meaningful question. The original "versionNames
sort:" is an in-place mutation; the correct conversion is
"(versionNames sorted: self mcSortFileBlock) detect: <do stuff>".

frank