[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-fbs.791.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Aug 9 12:52:14 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-18, at 11:16, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

> One hack might be to quietly reissue update-fbs.239,
> but (a) that's disgusting and (b) I'd always understood config maps to
> be immutable and (c) it sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Modifying (by recommitting) the latest update map is okay-ish because it is referenced in the image only by its number and is reloaded every time you update. You still have to be aware what the purpose of that update map was, to make sure it still does that. Modifying an older update map is a Very Bad Idea.

- Bert -