[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-fbs.677.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sat Aug 10 22:46:01 UTC 2013

On Sat, 10 Aug 2013, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:

> Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of Morphic to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Morphic-fbs.677.mcz
>
> Item was added:
> + ----- Method: CurvierMorph class>>Curvier (in category 'class initialization') -----
> + Curvier
> + 	<preference: 'Curvier'
> + 		category: 'morphic'
> + 		description: 'If true, closed CurvierMorphs will be smoother and more symmetrical all about. If false they will mimic the old curve shapes with the one sharp bend.'
> + 		type: #Boolean>
> + 	^ self drawCurvier.!
>
> Item was added:
> + ----- Method: CurvierMorph class>>drawCurvier (in category 'class initialization') -----
> + drawCurvier
> + 	^ DrawCurvier.!

I think the above two methods should be replaced with this:

drawCurvier

 	<preference: 'Curvier'
 		category: 'morphic'
 		description: 'If true, closed CurvierMorphs will be smoother and more symmetrical all about. If false they will mimic the old curve shapes with the one sharp bend.'
 		type: #Boolean>
 	^DrawCurvier ifNil: [ true ]

Why?
- The setter method's name is derived from the getter method's name via
#asMutator. The getter method is always the method which holds the pragma.
So this code doesn't work.
- It's better to have a default value, than to get a debugger when the
variable is uninitialized.
- Capitalized selector names are unusual in smalltalk code, when no
external code/data/objects are involved.

Levente