[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-fbs.585.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sat Aug 10 22:50:12 UTC 2013

On Sat, 10 Aug 2013, Frank Shearar wrote:

> On 10 August 2013 22:55,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:
>> Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of System to project The Trunk:
>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/System-fbs.585.mcz

>> Name: System-fbs.585
>> Author: fbs
>> Time: 10 August 2013, 10:54:11.898 pm
>> UUID: 79be2b9c-556a-1349-8b09-15bc67b5b8d8
>> Ancestors: System-fbs.584
>>
>> Move #Curvier preference into CurvierMorph.
>>
>> =============== Diff against System-fbs.584 ===============
>>
>> Item was removed:
>> - ----- Method: Preferences class>>Curvier (in category 'standard queries') -----
>> - Curvier
>> -       ^ self
>> -               valueOfFlag: #Curvier
>> -               ifAbsent: [true]!
>>
>> Item was changed:
>> + (PackageInfo named: 'System') postscript: '"Migrate #Curvier to the new pragma preference."
>> + CurvierMorph drawCurvier: Preferences Curvier.
>> + Preferences removePreference: #Curvier.'!
>> - (PackageInfo named: 'System') postscript: '"Migrate #thoroughSenders to the new pragma preference."
>> - SystemNavigation thoroughSenders: Preferences thoroughSenders.
>> - Preferences removePreference: #thoroughSenders.
>> - '!
>

> First time I've written a postscript. Hope I got it right!

The postscript itself is okay, but the load order is not. System is loaded
before Morphic, so CurvierMorph class >> #drawCurvier: won't exist when
the postscript is evaluated.

Either the postscript should be moved to System, or an update map has to
be pushed, which ensures that Morphic-fbs.677 is loaded before
System-fbs.585.

Levente