[squeak-dev] a little bit of fun

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 09:43:26 UTC 2013

Soon as I get five minutes I'm playing. Basically, run from the Daleks, and
convince them to smash into each other. You should be able to use the sonic
screwdriver to take out a swath of them if they get uncomfortably close,
but only once per level, and you can save screwdrivers for later levels if
I remember right. There's also the trick with the Time And Relative
Dimension In Space thing where you can move from one part of the playing
field to a completely unexpected new part of the playing field. I think I
remember that sometimes that puts you right under a Dalek and that's game
over.

I haven't tried Bob's Squeak port yet, that's going to have to be tomorrow,
but hopefully at the least I'll be able to find some bugs. This was one of
my favorite games when I was a kid, and it's cool to see it make it to the
platform that never dies.

Excelsior!

--
Casey Ransberger