[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Monticello-bf.562.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Aug 20 19:22:35 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-20, at 12:02, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg uploaded a new version of Monticello to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Monticello-bf.562.mcz

> Name: Monticello-bf.562
> Author: bf
> Time: 20 August 2013, 2:02:41.71 pm
> UUID: beda0a3b-0217-4842-a1d0-10dd5f7277d1
> Ancestors: Monticello-cmm.561
>
> Add a utility method to check all packages for modifications, setting or resetting the 'modified' flag by comparing the image to the stored version.
> MCWorkingCopy checkModified: true

A couple of packages become dirty after updating even though they should not be. This is because of the recent change that allows to move stuff freely between packages.

This new utility method can be used to remove the 'modified' flag from these clean-but-marked-dirty packages (MCWorkingCopy checkModified: false). Perhaps this should even be done automatically after updating, but because it is not necessary all the time I did not add that. A thorough check might be a good idea to add as an image building step.

- Bert -