[squeak-dev] Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 22:09:07 UTC 2013

In general renaming mcz files is a way to mess up your day.  mcz files have
an internal identifier which is independent of the file name.  What this
means is that version histories will try to look up the previous version by
file name but then decide that the file found isn't the right one, and
refuse to do nice things.

At least,that's what I remember from trying to rename mcz files in the past.

-cbc