[squeak-dev] re: would it be fun to implement Squeak (and SPOON!) on this hardware?

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Tue Dec 24 12:52:45 UTC 2013

That, plus having to write your own drivers to talk to anything useful is
the real reason I like working with lower level processors. The bare metal
is much more accessible in an AVR (and also an ARM7). When I have as much
power as the BBB gives, I want Linux, because I want to plug in wifi
dongles and usb devices and so on. I spend at least half my time on my BBB
trying to configure drivers and subsystems, trying to make it work and keep
it working each time it boots up.

As another side, the BBB is huge (compared to, say, a Teensy 3.1). It
simply won't fit into the class of robot I'm building around the Teensy.
Check out my blog (http://blog.huv.com) for some pictures.

- Jon