[squeak-dev] [Cuis] [Ann] Cuis 4.1 is released

Juan Vuletich (mail lists) juanlists at jvuletich.org
Thu Feb 7 12:10:25 UTC 2013

Hi Martin,

Quoting Martin Kuball <martinkuball at web.de>:

> Am Wednesday 12 December 2012 schrieb Juan Vuletich (mail lists):
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> Cuis 4.1 is available at http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Index.html .
>> Biggest news is in the Morph hierarchy. Ivars 'bounds' and
>> 'fullBounds' are gone! All coordinates are now Float and relative to
>> the owner morph. This is part of the transition to Morphic 3. The
>> drawing engine is still BitBlt and the UI is not scalable yet, but
>> Morphic 3 is now much closer.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Juan Vuletich
>>

> I tried cuis 4.1 but was not able to get it to work. I used the
> latest vm from debian unstable: 4.10.2.2614-1_amd64. When I open the
> image everything seems to be fine. Altough I'm not sure if the
> background is supposed to be black? But when I move windows arround
> or open popups the screen is not redrawn and it gets cluttered with
> parts of the windows and the popups (see attached image). Any idea
> what's causing this? The squeak images work just fine.
>
> Martin

The problems you see are due to bugs in BitBlt that I fixed about 2
years ago. You need a newer VM.

As we recommend at http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Index.html , use the
latest Cog VM for your platform if possible. Right now, that would be
http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2678/coglinux.tgz . If
that doesn't fit your system, you need to find a relatively recent VM
with the fixed BitBlt.

Maybe someone can give more specific advice, as I'm not a Linuxer...

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich