[squeak-dev] New, faster RISC OS Squeak

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Feb 7 20:16:54 UTC 2013

On 07-02-2013, at 11:58 AM, Chris Cunnington <smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:

> That stuff looks grand. I'll try it tomorrow. Setting up the RPi is something of a production at the moment. Wires everywhere. And the new screen does double duty as a second monitor for my Mac. So, the detailed advice you've provided I'll have to read, think about, and try in the morning.
> I figure !System adds a module and I should see it by getting the TaskWindow and entering *MODULES. (I found an old Archimedes manual at a library at the U.ofT.). I think you said as much about drilling down through the !boot file. It won't be long now. It's opening up at high speed, as I only got it all assembled on Sunday.

Ah - *modules tells you what modules are *loaded*. Which of course isn't always all of them. One of the joys of a system with dynamic loading of modules is that they actually have to be there to load, and the fun that can cause is the stuff of legends.

tim
"How many Kdatlyno does it take to change a lightbulb?" "None. It sounds perfectly OK to them."