[squeak-dev] Re: Filein mechanics

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 23:13:39 UTC 2013

Jeff Gonis-2 wrote
> As a follow up question for people who have experience working with
> headless images, would I need to set the "user name" in the image before I
> file in code? I know that when I make a change in a fresh image that isn't
> headless it asks me for my initials, is it possible that the filein code
> is
> waiting on user input for the initials?

I ran into the initials issue building Seaside 3.1 on travisci.org.  If the
code you're loading would pop up the initials dialog in headful Squeak then
you need to set the initials in the *.st file you use to load the offending
code into the image before that code is loaded.  On Squeak you can set the
initials thusly:

Utilities setAuthorInitials: 'pad'

And on Pharo

Author fullName: 'PaulDeBruicker'

and if you want to be able to do it on both platforms from one script:

"Set the author in case its needed"
('Pharo*' match: Smalltalk version) ifTrue:[Author fullName:
'PaulDeBruicker'].
('Squeak*' match: Smalltalk version) ifTrue:[Utilities setAuthorInitials:
'pad'].

HTH

Paul