[squeak-dev] Re: One more reason to VOTE!

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 12:11:14 UTC 2013

On 2/8/13 6:20 AM, "Casey Ransberger" <casey.obrien.r at gmail.com> wrote:

> Totally. While I really do believe (note: belief can be a pitfall) that we
> really *do* need FunSqueak, and badly, I think (and I could be wrong) that we
> *also* need NotFunSqueak too. For all those serious career folk who have
> trouble with experiencing fun. If only we could get these people talking to
> the kids, who will define "fun" for a whole generation.
>
> Uh, and if you want to take my "FunSqueak"-worthy picture and put it in
> FunSqueak, you can check out ContentPack (which has a way to get graphic data
> in while preserving a classic update stream,) but make sure you check out the
> Hannes Hirtzel version, not mine. He's doing cool stuff with it! Anyway that's
> either in Cuis or going in soon. Should be easy to load for the master of
>
> Thank you.
>
> Casey

Well , if you like my odds, here have the last
http://squeakros.org/SqueakRos4dot4.12073.zip

Is not so Fun (will be) , but have the following pre-loaded packages

Environments
Gofer
HV
Kom
Metacello
OB (OmniBrowser)
Scheduler
VB-Regex
XML-Parser
CommandShell
OSProcess
Fuel

Fuel was the last, I start following
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2012/04/28/building-pharo-from-pharokernel-
in-10-seconds/ and others docs from Mariano, Martin, Max and others cousins
³Pharopatas².

Try to have .fuel Squeak packages and try to load into last Pavel
SqueakKernel or Pharo 1.4 kernel.

About Cuis, Juan is doing a super job and German Arduino is bringing some
packages into.

Reduced Cuis is less as 3 mb and a example as Squeak should be.

Edgar