[squeak-dev] At what point did image format change?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Feb 11 23:27:59 UTC 2013

Now I have a 4.0 vm & image working nicely on my RISC OS Pi I need to move forward to more modern images and VMs. I find myslef a touch confused about what image format changes might have happened and when.

On my iMac it seems that I can run -
OK 3.9 image on 3.8 vm
OK 3.9 image on 4.2 vm
NO 3.9 image on Cog
NO 4.1 image on 3.8 vm
OK 4.1 image on 4.2 vm
?? 4.1 image on cog (crashed after mostly starting up)
NO 4.3 image on 3.8 vm
OK 4.3 image on 4.2 vm
OK 4.3 image on cog
OK scratch image (2.8 image, I think) on 3.8 vm
OK scratch image on 4.2 vm
NO scratch image on cog

Couldn't spot anything very noticeable on the sites I scanned. Pointer to history of these changes?

tim
"#define QUESTION ((bb) || !(bb))  - Shakespeare."