[squeak-dev] OSProcess automation problem

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Feb 12 00:34:44 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 10:44:42PM +0000, Frank Shearar wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> AioEventHandler >> #aioPluginPresent pops up a modal dialog that
> prevents me from writing an automated job to run OSProcess' tests.
>
> Obviously it's doing that because I have 'AioPlugin not present,
> AioEventHandler will use polling input'. I'm running this on a Cog
> r.2678 VM.
>
> Is there a way to avoid this dialog popping up? Or, how can I make
> sure the AioPlugin is present?
>
> Thanks,
>
> frank

The test to check if AioPlugin is present is:

	AioEventHandler aioPluginPresent ==> true

If you ask Eliot nicely, he might be persuaded to include AioPlugin in
his next build ;-)

But that will not help your immediate problem, so I changed it to use
#notify: rather than #inform: in AioEventHandler>>aioPluginPresent so
that it will be possible to handle the Warning.

After updating to latest OSProcess you should be able to do this prior
to running the unit tests:

 [AioEventHandler aioPluginPresent]
   on: Warning
   do: [ "ignore the one-time warning dialog" ]

Dave