[squeak-dev] OSProcess automation problem

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 10:18:06 UTC 2013

On 12 February 2013 00:34, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 10:44:42PM +0000, Frank Shearar wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> AioEventHandler >> #aioPluginPresent pops up a modal dialog that
>> prevents me from writing an automated job to run OSProcess' tests.
>>
>> Obviously it's doing that because I have 'AioPlugin not present,
>> AioEventHandler will use polling input'. I'm running this on a Cog
>> r.2678 VM.
>>
>> Is there a way to avoid this dialog popping up? Or, how can I make
>> sure the AioPlugin is present?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> frank
>
> The test to check if AioPlugin is present is:
>
>         AioEventHandler aioPluginPresent ==> true
>
> If you ask Eliot nicely, he might be persuaded to include AioPlugin in
> his next build ;-)
>
> But that will not help your immediate problem, so I changed it to use
> #notify: rather than #inform: in AioEventHandler>>aioPluginPresent so
> that it will be possible to handle the Warning.
>
> After updating to latest OSProcess you should be able to do this prior
> to running the unit tests:
>
>  [AioEventHandler aioPluginPresent]
>    on: Warning
>    do: [ "ignore the one-time warning dialog" ]
>
> Dave

Thanks, Dave.

That did the trick!
http://build.squeak.org/job/ExternalPackage-OSProcess/ uses
InstallerSqueakMap to load the (head) release and the HudsonBuildTools
to run the test suite.

Unfortunately something's going wrong with the build and I don't know
what: the image must be displaying a dialog of some kind.

It turns out that my recent script hacking builds on work done long
ago: people like Nicolas Cellier and Keith Hodges and Matthew Fulmer
have their initials all over the Installer stuff. Thanks, guys!

frank