[squeak-dev] [ANN] Fuel 1.8.1

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 09:56:52 UTC 2013

On 13 February 2013 08:45, Max Leske <maxleske at gmail.com> wrote:
> (I'm reposting this without the screen shots because the message was bounced
> for being to big…)
>

> Frank,
>
> I took a 4.4 image, pointed it to trunk and updated.
> Running the tests (CogVM) I do get the same two failures but with slightly
> different entries on the top of the stack. These entries vary depenging on
> which other tests are run simultaneously. However, they all seem to have in
> common, that they fail during #rehash. The point of failure is probably more
> or less random. I attached screen shots of the stack traces.
>
> Stepping through the debugger, it looks like the problem might acutally
> occurr during serialization. If you look at the third screen shot you'll see
> that the instance variable "array" of the IdentityDictionary does not
> contain any associations and the array you see is actually the value of the
> association (see
> StandardScriptingSystem>>addCustomEventFor:name:help:targetMorphClass:).
>
> I'll try to find out more.

Thanks for looking into this, Max. If you want to precisely (modulo
operating system) reproduce the setup causing the issue you can run
"./run-test.sh Fuel" once you've checked out
https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/. You might need to comment
out the `WorldState addDeferredUIMessage: [ SmalltalkImage current
snapshot: false andQuit: true ].` line.

frank