[squeak-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: How to call irsend

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Mon Feb 18 22:06:59 UTC 2013

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 15:16:21 -0500, "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 07:32:29PM +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>>
>> On 2013-02-18, at 19:28, Louis LaBrunda <Lou at Keystone-Software.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Bert,
>> >
>> > Thanks for the reply.

>> > I thought about the class comment but it looks like it takes only one line.
>> > Unless I'm looking in the wrong place or at it wrong?
>>
>> Click the the question mark button between instance and class in the system browser.
>>
>> The one line is just an annotation for convenience.

>> > It is not a special-purpose tool.  There is no mention of LIRC or irsend in
>> > either class.  The classes run and schedule any command that Dave's
>> > OSProcess>command: can handle.  It does things like run the command every
>> > Tuesday at 20:00 hours.
>>
>> It's up to Dave then. Still seems rather special-purpose to me ;)
>
>Well sure, by all means, please send a copy :) If it's not too big you can
>just post it to the list here.

>If it looks like a good fit, we can put it in OSProcess. There is also nothing
>wrong with you just making a small project on SqueakSource (or whatever is
>replacing it, I'm not sure I've figured that out). You could just say your
>project depends on OSProcess, and that would be fine too. That way you could
>enter it on SqueakMap (the package catalog) so that someone looking for irsend
>could spot it more easily.
>Dave

Now that Bert has clued me in on how to use the class comment for some
documentation, I will spend some time doing that.  I have some less fun
stuff to deal with, so it may take me a little while.

Again, the two classes are really about scheduling calls to
OSProcess>command: and not the command being called.  I just needed them to
call irsend.  Anyway, I will post the code when I can (after I write some
class comments) and you can decide if it is a good fit.  Thanks for all the
help.

Lou