[Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] code coverage

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Fri Feb 22 06:23:06 UTC 2013

On Feb 21, 2013, at 9:52 PM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21 February 2013 19:52, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>>     anyone have any bytecode-to-bytecode transformation tools for
>> doing basic-block resolution coverage?
>
> Is it possible that Jejak [1] might vaguely fit this bill? It's a
> tracing tool, but maybe one could hack something on the side to turn
> it into a coverage tool?
>
> Certainly I've wanted a fine resolution (branch/block level) coverage
> tool for a long time.

In Pharo 3.0 we will add Opal to the release (with the old Compiler to be an
unload able package, to be killed as the first action in 4.0)

This will allow *a lot* of very very interesting things to be done.

Imagine this combined with
	-> a Parser that can parse code with syntax errors (in Pharo 2.0)
	-> a new ClassBuilder
	-> The first class Slots replacing instance variables (see the OOPLSA Paper)
	-> the new Debugger Model and UI
	-> the new text model

It (slowly) start to get interesting!  :-)

	Marcus