[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Files-kfr.120.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Feb 23 18:44:14 UTC 2013

On 23-02-2013, at 6:16 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> On 23.02.2013, at 01:03, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
[snip]
>> d) noted the MC browser displayed '* Files (kfr.120)' as I'd expect
>
> So far, so good. Files-cmm.119 is the latest in Trunk, so since Files-kfr.120 is a direct descendent of that, this is the new ancestor of your working copy.
>
>> e) realised it showed it only in Trunk
>
> ???

OK, I had loaded the .120 from the inbox repository, added my change and the MC browser showed Files as changed - all good. BUT it showed Files as being associated with just two repositories - my local files and the Trunk. No mention of inbox. Given that, how would one save it to inbox? I'm sure this a really simple thing to do but I can't see an appropriate button. Adding a repository appears to add a completely new one rather than allow linking to an already in-use repo. I imagine I used to know how to do this but a few years break will remove all sorts of clutter from what passes as ones mind...

[snip]

> You would simply commit your working copy to the Inbox repository, using MC's "Save" button.

As I say, how?

tim
Resistance is useless!  (If << 1 ohm)