Let's consider changing how we track issues (was Re: [squeak-dev] Mantis usage rules du jour)

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Sat Feb 23 23:28:12 UTC 2013

On 02/23/2013 05:15 PM, karl ramberg wrote:
> I see SqueakSource3 has a Issues category per package.
>
> For example:
> http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/dgg.html/Issues
>
> Karl

Nice, thanks for pointing that out.  There has been some discussion of
setting up a SqueakSource3 instance as an upgrade to source.squeak.org
but I think the consensus is that it is not ready yet to support all of
the Monticello capabilities we currently use, I'm not sure of the details.

Can you collect some details about how the Issue tracking works, for
example whether there is support for sending email to a specific email
address for every new issue or each time an issue is updated?  Also is
it up to handling hundreds or even thousands of issues?

I created an account and considered creating a temporary project for
evaluation purposes.  But I'm holding off because I don't want to create
such a project and then find that I can't easily delete it and pollute
the project list.

Ken