[squeak-dev] Getting rid of coloured code

Ted Kaehler Ted at vpri.org
Sun Feb 24 01:04:12 UTC 2013

Chris,
	I'd love to see your do-it to change the Shout colors to ones
you find satisfying.
	A big problem is when you are in the middle of modifying a
method.  As you type, it does not make sense to Shout, and the next
20 lines turn bright red.  That is annoying.  I feel like saying,
"I'm not done yet.  Don't get on my case!".
	Perhaps if there are more than 2 lines in red after the
insertion point, just turn the rest of the method black.  That would
keep things much calmer.  The lack of any other colors would signal
that something is not complete.

--Ted.

--
Ted Kaehler
"400 years of scientific enlightenment are being undone by TV shows