About HyperCard ( was Re: [squeak-dev] Getting rid of coloured code)

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:51:47 UTC 2013

Thank you Casey for citing a (the?) current reference with the
analysis how a HyperCard type of application should be constructed.
The question now is: Does this need to be built or is the code
available somewhere?

-- Hannes

http://www.vpri.org/pdf/m2011001_dbjr_spec.pdf

DynaBook Junior Specification
by Ted Kaehler
14 Jan 2009. (Minor corrections 13 Dec 2010)
A specification for DynaBook Junior
shown in itself.
DBJr is a desktop publishing framework and
application builder that is modeled after Apple's HyperCard.

Abstract
DynaBook Junior is a desktop publishing
framework and application builder that is
modeled after Apple's HyperCard(tm). The
purpose of this specification is as a starting
point for the discovery of an extremely simple
way to describe and automatically generate
DynaBook Junior. The specification describes
stacks, pages, backgrounds, objects
embedded in pages, the front-to-back ordering
of objects, and page-specific objects. This
document is itself a DBJr stack that shows
examples of the features it describes.
Algorithms for showing a new page, adding
pages, adding backgrounds, and adding
objects to a page are given in pseudocode.